Thursday, November 13, 2008

EGOS

Now I work in the music industry right, a place full of napoleon complexes, rampant insecurity, and manly men with girly sensitivity, so one would think that I would be unaffected by people and their ridiculous egos, but that is most certainly not the case.

You couldn't believe the amount of people in this industry that have in no way matched their perceptions of themselves and the real world. Considering this is what I do, I won't give names, but some people just really need to get it together.

If I got no legs, I have no business walkin around actin like I can win an a$$-kicking contest. Likewise, if I got no arms, I shouldn't keep tellin everybody I give the best hugs. It just makes no d@mn sense people.

Take me for example, now I know I'm not perfect, and I think everyone succesful in the music industry has to possess some kind of ego, but I don't think I take it overboard. I tell everyone I work with, I don't sing, I don't rap, I don't songwrite, I don't produce. That is what all those other wonderfully talented people do. I know what I'm good at is building relationships and focusing on the big picture. I do what I do, and creative people do what they do.

People look silly when they step out of what they do and try to do what other people do. For example, when Kobe rapped, we all laughed. Kobe plays basketball. Kobe doesn't rap. See how easy that is?

Back to this music game and all the crazy egos. I think there should be a website (if u take my idea, gimme my percentage) called whattheyreallydo.com. This website should be set up as a directory of people in the industry. You can have little profiles a la myspace, and on it should be a list of what he/she does. With every item on the list, there should be some corresponding evidence, that they indeed do that item they listed. People should be able to either confirm or deny that what you listed is actually what you do. True, you might have some haters, but I'm assuming the majority of people in the industry aren't hating on you, and if they are, you might just be an a$$hole so work on that patna. I think, over time, the website could become a pretty valid source of information on people in the industry and can be used to refute all that "industry bs" that these folks out here be talking.

Again, if you take my idea in any manner, expect a letter from my lawyer. I ain't hatin, I just like gettin my check, ya dig.

No comments: