Wednesday, October 7, 2009

From Hot Sh*t 2 Not Sh*t

Have you ever wanted something for a long time? I mean got really excited about the possibility of getting something, and then you see the wrong person with it and you don't want it anymore?

Maybe it's just me, but that happened to me yesterday. I had my interview for a new job yesterday (which I got btw), and the guy who was interviewing me had a Blackberry Bold. I've been with AT&T for a couple of years now and I was so gassed up about this month because I'm eligible for an upgrade and I wanted to get the Bold. I've had a Curve for what seems like ages, and nobody could convince me otherwise about getting the Bold. If I had $300 in my pocket, I don't care if it was the Bold or food, I was getting the d@mn phone (ni@@erish I know, but we all have our vices). Anyways, I was turned off by the interviewer from the jump because the whole time he was asking me questions, he was checking emails on his crackberry. Lord knows I understand how it is hard to put that thing down when you get into e-beast mode, but I do my best not to disrespect anyone with my BB-gangsta. He keeps saying how sorry he is that he's got the d@mn phone to his face like a Gameboy (did I just say that?) while I'm talking all professional-like, and I of course, tell him not to worry because what else am I gonna say? Put down your phone and interview me like a real person (how to lose a job before you get it 101)? The whole time I'm talking to him and looking at the back of his Bold, I kept thinking to myself, "That phone ain't the bizness like that." I knew it wasn't about the phone it was about him. I found myself sizing up everything about him on some super hater-ish. "His shirt ain't all that. He sittin here poppin, but he can't be getting the money he say he gettin. He ain't no fly dude...whoopty whoop" The end result of our interview was me not wanting the Bold anymore and now I'm online looking at iPhones. Which I swore I would never buy until exactly one day ago. Ain't that some sh*t...

1 comment:

Freckles said...

you are pretty hilarious on the phone thing. Congrats on the new job.