Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Independence

Been a minute...I've been workin...A LOT...feel like there is always something that needs/has to be done, including now, but I feel like just venting in some way right now...

For the past 8 months or so, I've been living with one of my homies. When I broke up with my ex, I was pretty much homeless so I he allowed me to move in with him. In the past it was easy to deal with it because I had no other options at the time. Now that I've been working for a couple of months, I make more than enough money to move out and get my own place. He and I had a discussion about it and I told him the reason I hadn't seriously considered moving was because I didn't want to be the type to use people. I did that before and I refuse to be that person anymore. I didn't want to get a job, then all of a sudden leave, not doing anything to show my appreciation (a la helping out with bills or paying a portion of rent, etc.). He told me that if it would be better for me to have my own space, then he would have no problem with me making that move. That was Monday. So for the last couple days I have been thinking about moving. While I'm okay with having a roommate, one thing I have learned in this time living with him is that I absolutely cherish my own space. I have learned that my whole attitude can darken when I feel like I don't have my own space to just sit and do nothing by myself for a time, to the point where everybody I'm around feels my "leave me the f#@k alone" vibe. I talked to a few coworkers and they told me about a place where they live that has relatively good prices with a lotta space so I'm goin to go check it out this weekend. I'm still wondering if I want to take on the responsibility of my own place right now, because one side of me is considering the possibility of going to law school in another state, but I don't know...Like I said...I just wanted to vent...

No comments: