Friday, August 21, 2009

The Giving Tree

This week has been one of the most productive weeks in the company in a while. We had been stagnant for a couple months, almost going through the motions. I know the one big difference is that I've decided to give my best everyday. To be honest, I haven't really given my best to people in my life. People have come and gone, few I still speak to, most I don't, but the few that I still speak to are the ones that I gave myself to (pause). I allowed those people in and shared my life with them, along with my talents, my thoughts and it is through that giving that I had an impact upon them and they gave themselves back to me (pause again). I'm really starting to open up more to people, becoming more of an open book (not completely of course), causing more people to want to open up to me. I'm watching our company move forward and watching the energy in the office change like night and day in just a week. I think a lot of it has to do with me (hell I'm running the office, so of course it does). I'm having longer conversations with people, I'm noticing people gravitate towards me, I'm taking notice of the power of giving and at the same time learning the value of what I have to give. Harvey Firestone (look him up) said it best,

"You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself." Amen.


PS - My new "Song That I Have to Hear Daily" is "Losing My Balance" by J.Cole. Around the beginning of the year it was "Piano Lessons" by Colin Munroe feat. Joell Ortiz. Then it was "Successful" by Drake feat. Trey Songz. More recently it was "The Winner" by Drake (small history for those that might care)....

No comments: