Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Social Skills

I went out to a bar today for the first time in months with this friend of mine that came in town. While we were chillin, this girl just walks all up in the kool-aid asking what we were doin. Me and my man are both lookin at this chick like wtf are u talkin bout. After about a minute of her "breaking the ice" she admits that she came over to us because her friend, wanted to know my name. I didn't know that grown women were doing that in 2009, but whatever. I decide to go make my way over to ol girl and ask her name and we talk for a little bit. She seemed like a nice person but she had one absolutely glaring problem. At no point during the conversation did she ask me ANYTHING about myself. Now, the not too long ago me, would've been just fine with that because I've always preferred hearing you talk about yourself than me telling you about me. But I found myself while she was talking thinking to myself, "This b#@ch hasn't even thought to gather any information from me." I, on the other hand, found out everything about her, from the usual info like age, job, and where she's from, to personal information like how hard it was for her to deal with the sudden death of her father last year. Normally if someone asks you where you're from, you tell them and then you ask them where they're from. Not this one. She answered, then went on to talk about something else. CRAZY. I got her number so I wouldn't look like an asshole, but I ain't calling that one. NEXT!

No comments: