Friday, August 28, 2009

Just A Thought

"If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think a lot of people, including myself, need to use this quote as their daily mantra. A lot of us struggle with self-acceptance. Me personally, I have always had this image of who I want to be. I've always been so fixed on that image and my pursuit of it, I've never appreciated who I am, and the small successes I achieve, along the journey. I believe that God has a plan for me and everybody else, but sometimes I do question if my steps are indeed ordered. What I am learning to do is appreciate my deficiencies as much as my attributes. I know that I am honestly working to overcome my faults, some more easily than others, but I relish the journey as much as the destination. If I truly, truly believe in God's plan for me, then I must praise Him for not only the direction He has pointed me in, but the struggles that he has me endure. Thank you God for what you have done for me yesterday, what you are doing for me today, and what you are going to do for me tomorrow.

No comments: