Friday, November 27, 2009

Family

For thanksgiving I was gonna spend the day at my crib just chillin and maybe ordering some chinese food, but instead my homie randomly came through and told me to bring my a$$ to his man's crib to eat with his family. I reluctantly agreed, but at the end of the day I was glad I went. His mom made some bomb a$$ poundcake and cookies that made my inner fat boy spaz a lil bit. After that we went on a liquor run and I found out that they don't sell hard liquor on Thanksgiving, only beer and wine (wtf is what I said too). Ended up playing this drinking game with the homies and some random a$$ females. Note, I'm not a heavy drinker, so I don't really do drinking games. I prefer to drink enough to get a buzz then maintain through the evening. Needless to say, I was the first to quit the drinking game. Took my drunk a$$ home and called it a nite.

While I did have a good time yesterday, I met some cool people and had some good food, I found myself longing to be with my family. I called my mom and she told me that EVERYBODY was coming over to spend the day and they cooked tons of food. I would've killed to be there. I even found myself jealous of the homie whose house we were at. As I get older, the more I realize how important family is. It is an indescribable feeling to be in a room full of unconditional love. It is a feeling we sometimes take for granted. I know I used to.

No comments: