Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ice Cube

"I gotta say...Today was a good day..."

Started off the morning checking emails and got good news that somebody who been bullsh*ttin wit the money has now found a cure for his b#@cha$$ness and has finally cutting my d@mn check. Bout time. It was at the point that it might've gotten ugly next time I saw that dude in person (don't judge me, he playin wit my LIFE man). Then got in a good workout in the sun. For some reason, it was more people than usual at the crib today so we decided to barbecue. Put some wings, hot dogs, and chicken breasts on the grill and also made another batch of wings on the stove. More than the actual barbecue, I love the whole process of making barbecue. Black folks make it a team effort. We all hang around the grill while somebody cooking, talkin ish, tellin the cook, "Ey check on that meat man!" whenever he gets too into the conversation we havin. Today was just full of good people, good food, and good music.

Sidenote: Ya boy washed the meat, seasoned the meat, then did ALL of the dishes after everyone was done. What got me, is usually I'll feel some kinda way about being the only one on dish duty, but it really didn't matter to me. I really operated with what my old pastor called a "heart of service".

Matthew 23:11-12
"But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

In case you're wondering, I looked this verse up.....

No comments: