Saturday, September 26, 2009

Movie Review

Tonight I said "F#@k it" and decided to watch The Notebook (It was on TV, I did NOT rent it). I've heard enough women say to me that you can't watch this movie without crying, but after watching, I must respectfully disagree. I'm not going to completely bash this movie, because I can see why millions of women would love this movie, but there was just WAY too much sappiness in this film. For one, in their "summer of love", Noah doesn't get any "love" until the last week! And she talked so d@mn much it didn't really count! Also, Ryan Gosling didn't really match the girl (who's a bada$$ white girl, btw) in acting prowess. In the scene which was supposed to be his emotional climax (where he talked about how she should stay with him and not leave again), he just didn't seem believable, and was almost laughable. Lastly, when they died together at the end, this was just over the top in foolishness. There were some scenes and situations that I was able to actual place myself in and feel the moment, it was just those scenes were overwhelmed by the movie's almost cartoonish predictability, character cliches, and sap.

What I will say is this movie addressed one of my biggest fears of growing old; Alzheimer's. It doesn't run in my family, but I'm definitely scared of growing old and forgetting all that God has given me in my lifetime. I can only imagine how painful it would be for those that loved me (I did feel pretty bad when Allie remembered Noah and forgot him 5 mins later). That honestly scares the crap outta me. But what will be will be. Anyways, would I watch it again? Pass. I'd rather watch Titanic.

No comments: