Sunday, July 26, 2009

HELL NAW!

First off...Vernon Forrest...DAMN...This is really starting to get creepy with all of the celebrity deaths in a short period of time. MJ, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Alexis Arguello, Arturo Gatti, and now Vernon Forrest. If these recent deaths don't cause you to appreciate the gift of life a little more, check your pulse.

On another note, I went to volunteer orientation last Saturday afternoon for an organization that delivers meals to the elderly and disabled. I used to volunteer more often than I do now, but, as I've said before since 2009 is the year of the growth for me, I'm striving to live a less "too busy worrying about what I'm going through" existence. Anyways, after the orientation, the program coordinator asks for whoever wants to schedule a volunteer time to wait by her office so they can do so. When I get in her office and sit down she asks me if I'm with any organization. I say no. She says, "So you're doing this out of the kindness of your own heart?" I say yes. She then says, "So you don't need to keep track of your time then do you?" I say no. She pauses for a second. Then she says, "So, just to cover my bases, you don't need this for any court-related thing right?" I say no. Now I scheduled my time and left the building. But when I got in my car, it hit me, "Hell naw! Did she just ask me that?" Now I'm debating with myself if that was one of those racist moments that happened to fast that I missed it, or if maybe I'm getting a little too Al Sharpton-esque and making everything about nothing. I still don't know...

No comments: