Sunday, July 12, 2009

RIP MJ

Like the world, I was shocked and saddened when I heard about the passing of Michael Joseph Jackson. While I won't go as far to say that Michael was the soundtrack to my life or like Jesus, I wept when he died, I do recognize the impact he had on the world. In fact, my earliest memory is the premiere of Thriller on MTV in 1983, the YEAR I WAS BORN (true story). MJ was the biggest pop star to ever live and his legacy is indeed eternal. While I do take issue with the current media coverage surrounding the circumstances of his death (it seems to me like a lot of media outlets are focusing on the controversial aspects of his life, which will never be known to the world for sure due to his sudden passing, rather than what we all know him for, his music), I love turning on BET, VH1, or MTV and watching marathon after marathon of Michael's videos. Here is, to me, his best video EVER for your and my enjoyment:



May he rest in peace.

No comments: