Sunday, July 12, 2009

She don't like Gucci?

We have many discussions over at the crib about the hottest bad rapper in the game, Gucci Mane. Most of the team will tell you that he can't rap to save his life, you can rarely tell what he is saying, and he doesn't really know how to make anything above a "mixtape record". Me personally, while I agree with most of that conclusion on Gucci, I still like him. I can't really explain to you exactly why, he can't rap all that well, though some lines are memorable, he tends to sound like he's in a drug-induced stupor whenever he raps, and he rocks jewelry like Mr.T. All things that would normally eliminate him from my playlist, but what can I say, something about the guy resonates, with me at least, and apparently a LOT of other people too (check his concert vids on youtube). Now apparently Gucci and his team are trying to make the leap from "you're favorite trapper's favorite rapper" to "mainstream platinum artist" a la Jeezy. Now, at first I wasn't too big a fan of the idea, frankly because, in my opinion, Gucci is one ugly negro, and if you ugly, you better be one FANTASTIC rapper, which he most certainly is NOT. But then I heard this:


Obsessed (Official Remix) - Mariah Carey feat. Gucci Mane

Not bad...But then I heard this...



This record is CRAZY (again, in my opinion)! I think he's got a shot, would I put my money on it? Naw...prolly not...

1 comment:

Freckles said...

i have to be honest and say that I like Gucci. He is one of my guilty pleasures. I love that he is mildly arrogant and I like that way he says what he says. I most of all respect his swag. He is not totally mainstream and he writes his own shit. When he says something it is as he sees it and not for commercial aspect.

Just my $0.02