Friday, July 10, 2009

No Rest 4 the Weary

Got about 2 hours of sleep between my last blog and right now, so it's safe to say that I'm running on fumes. I would like to go to sleep, but I gotta pick up the homey after his meeting downtown (kinda late for a meeting I know, but music people sleep all day so this is right on schedule).

All in all today was cool. I worked out by myself, then worked out again when one of our clients came over. He likes a workout buddy so I get it in with him to keep him motivated. We did a little mile and a half jog around the neighborhood today and in the middle of it some little kids asked us to hoop with them, and me being me, I can't say no to hoops, so we played some 2 on 2 for about an hour with some 15 yr olds. Just my luck, the one who picked me is garbage, but I carried him to victory 2 games outta 3. I had to call the homey an a$$hole because on one play, he knocked over my teammate to get a loose ball. How you gonna knock over a little kid for a loose ball in his frontyard? A$$HOLE. Anyways, we finished the run then got a little weight lifting in to top it off so that was the bizzy. I'm getting to the point where I actually somewhat enjoy running. It definitely gives me an opportunity to think things (like my life) through without so much "mental noise" created by everyone talking and asking me things. I don't anticipate ever enjoying it to the point that I get Olympic Long Distance Runner skinny, but I don't agonize over doing it as a part of my workout routine like I used to do.

On another note, I decided to rock my glasses today and everybody got jokes. Question; why can't black people just say, "Hey, I like your new _____" instead of the usual underhanded compliment? Somebody answer me that PLEASE. It's not like I'm gonna take the compliment and run with it (I will admit I might...), and if I did, it would only be because of the overall lack of compliments so when I receive one, I know I must savor the moment.

In other news, I called my mom today and she didn't call me back. BOO. I also had the intentions of calling my cousin that stays out here in Atlanta to try to get up with him this weekend, but that idea got lost all in the sauce. DOUBLE BOO. Hopefully after I get a reasonable amount of sleep tonight, I'll be able to operate with a higher level of mental functioning. We'll see....

No comments: