Monday, July 6, 2009

Introduction

I've decided to make this my only real outlet on the internet for whatever I feel like I want to blog about at the time...I've shut down myspace, facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc...I think it's time for me to spend some serious time working on self (and bringing whomever reads these along with me) and my social networking persona was getting a little shall we say "out of hand". Social networking sites allow people to be whomever they want to be and to create their own virtual world that can, if abused, be confused for reality. Now to let me start off (again) on the right note, a little about me:

Born in Ohio, spent a little time in Indiana, then spent most of my formative years in sunny Southern California. So if you ask, I'm from Cali. Currently living in Atlanta. College graduate that has gone on to become one of the many people in Atlanta who say "I'm in the music industry" when asked the question, "What do you do?" This also, as many in Atlanta would logically presume, means my financial situation isn't in the best shape, thus creating a daily psychological war between the logical self which asks, "What if it doesn't pan out?", and my "dreamer self" which is asks, "What if it does?" (My plan B is law school and I'm giving myself until Fall 2010 for this music thing to work or it's back to the classroom.)

I'd like to think I'm somewhat good looking, a lil' bit charming, and might I even say I have a sense of humor when I want have one. I have the ability to be extremely likeable (again, when I want to be). In general temperament, I will admit that I can sometimes be two VERY different people (which I will also admit is usually due to me not being very sensitive to my own emotions). As far as faults, I have a tendency to not let the people that I care about know just how much I care about them, something I am working on. Also, my biggest fault is I have been known to lie to people I care about. There I said it. I have been less than truthful to everyone that I have found truly important in my life and absolutely brutally honest to those that I don't. And on top of that, I'm not a very good liar, so I always get put on blast sooner or later. I can't really explain why I do it, although much of it is to avoid accountability, but my mom says I have inherited it from pops and it's something he took with him to his grave. I am extremely fearful of meeting the same fate. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but honestly, it's rough...

Well that's me. Now you know more about me than a lot of people I know. I don't like to talk about myself that much. Introspection can be painful sometimes. Consider yourself properly introduced :)

No comments: