Monday, July 6, 2009

Death

This recent spree of celebrity deaths (MJ, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, Steve McNair) has really got me thinking about how fragile life is. I think about what I have done with my life to this point and how many, if any, lives I have touched with my time here. I wonder what people would say about me if I were to not wake up one day (knock on wood). I cannot without a doubt say that most people would have great things to say and that troubles me. I have always felt there is something really great I am supposed to do on this Earth before I go, but I pray I figure that out before it is too late. I pray that everyone I call a friend would call me the same, and that I become better at truly showing gratitude to those who saw the potential for greatness within me and helped me without asking for reciprocation. I pray one day that potential that those people have recognized becomes realized. I pray to one day become a blessing to this world and not someone who merely "exists". Amen.

No comments: