Thursday, July 9, 2009

Longest...Day....EVER

Today I started with me looking at the wrong departure time for my flight so I missed my 1030am flight to Atlanta and had to wait until 530pm to catch the next available one. Missing a flight isn't too big of a deal, but my flight was departing from PITTSBURGH, PA. Now my mom lives in CANTON, OH and I'm departing from PITTSBURGH, PA (wack juice everywhere people). Anyways, I took advantage of the time I had to wait for another flight by hanging out with my mom for another day. We went to some overrated italian restaurant and did a little shopping. All in all, it was time well spent. At the airport, the flight was delayed for an hour, WHILE WE WERE ON THE RUNWAY, for some "bathroom malfunction" (don't ask...). Had a stop-over in Philly which wasn't too bad, but when I got in to Atlanta, no one on the flight knew where our bags were.

*Sidenote* I really don't like flying. I know I'm more likely to get in a car crash than a plane crash, but my chances of survival are significantly more in a car crash than if the 747 I'm in takes a nose dive, so I feel infinitely more comfortable on the ground. Also, I don't know anything about whomever is in the cockpit that I'm handing my life over to. Lastly, flights just aren't very comfortable. You can't sleep well sitting up, and I can't stretch out my legs, and it's even worse if I'm sitting next to someone who has broad shoulders like me. And don't get me started on turbulence...anyways...back to what I was saying...

So had to wait an extra 20 mins for the bags to get to the carousel, then had to wait another 30 mins for my ride (who was late of course). Then went straight from the airport to the studio to check on a couple sessions and got my mind overloaded with questions, plus I was hungry which makes me a little irritable, but I made it through with a smile (high fives for personal growth!). Then got home around 330am and still had to unpack. Now on top of all of this, I have to go pick up the homey at 7am to go to a morning meeting. So it is now 5am and I don't think I'm going to bed tonight. What would really be the point of one hour of sleep? I got some B-12 pills so I'll take a couple and see how that works...

No comments: